- Property Boundaries: https://bit.ly/37SvS2cGoogle Maps for Navigation: https://goo.gl/maps/wcRPgDYL5BoVkx6EA
- Acrestock ID: ALA-160-03
- State: Colorado
- County: Alamosa County
- GPS: 37.63397, -105.81387
- Size: 40 Acres
- Parcel Number: 513907300017 (160 acres subdivided into FOUR 40-acre tracks)
- Title: Free & Clear, Special Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Agricultural
- Terrain: Flat
- Taxes: $113.50 /yr
- POA: None
- Road: Dirt Road
- Electric: Power Lines near property
- Water: Would be Well
- Sewer: Need septic tank or chemical toilet
Looking to escape the busy city for a peaceful and quiet getaway? Build your dream home on a private, 40 acre property in Alamosa County Colorado. With easy access to the road, and easy access to power, you’ll be able to start construction before you know it!
Shop in the beautiful town of Alamosa, only 19 minutes away from the property. Alamosa has everything, including Walmart, Tractor Supply, many restaurants and bars, you can even catch a college football game!
No HOA, HOA Fees, or Time Limit to Build
- Livestock is permitted on the property.
- Minimum dwelling size per the Alamosa County Land Use Code is 500 square feet – For Manufactured Homes it is 600 square feet.
- Single & Double Wide Mobile / Manufactured Homes are also allowed on the property within certain guidelines that can be seen in the Residential Use Standards portion of the Land Use Code.
- Residential Use Standards for the property can be found starting on page 29 of the Alamosa County Land Use Code.
- Water needs to drill a well for the underground water of Rio Grande River. Colorado Division of Water Resources (Website)
- Electricity Lines & Poles are located at the road along the property, by Xcel Energy
400 Washington Ave, Alamosa, CO 81101 Phone: 800-895-4999 (Website)
- Telephone, Internet & Cable by Jade Communications
129 Santa Fe Avenue, Alamosa, CO 81101 Phone: 719-589-5140 (Website)
- Curbside Trash Service by Waste Management in the area, with a setup cost of $80, and a 96 or 64 gallon container serviced every week at $18/month. Phone: 719-852-5895 (Website)
- Alamosa Elementary School
- Ortega Middle School
- Alamosa High School
Distance to Nearby Cities & Points of Interest:
- 10 minutes to San Luis State Wildlife Area (more info)
- 20 minutes to Alamosa, CO : Population 10,000 (more info)
- 23 minutes to Alamosa National Wildlife Refuge (more info)
- 42 minutes to Smith Reservoir (more info)
- 31 minutes to Great Sand Dunes National Park (more info)
- 53 minutes to Wolf Creek Ski Area (more info)
- 2 hours 40 minutes to Colorado Springs, CO : Population 500,000 (more info)
- 3 hours 38 minutes to Denver, CO : Population 1+ Million (more info)
How to visit the property?
Search GPS 37.63397, -105.81387 in Google Maps for Directions to the property.
- Northwest Corner: 37.64107, -105.81479
- Northeast Corner: 37.64112, -105.81254
- Southwest Corner: 37.63389, -105.81495
- Southeast Corner: 37.63394, -105.81269
Popular Local Attractions:
Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge is one of three national wildlife refuges in the San Luis Valley that provides crucial feeding, resting, and breeding habitat for over 200 bird species and other wildlife. Featuring Wetlands, and highlands, there is always something new to find, and a new place to explore. This escape is only 33 minutes from the property.
Adams State University is a state-supported liberal arts university in Alamosa, Colorado, United States. The school is located in the San Luis Valley, home to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. The university offers undergraduate programs in physical and social sciences, fine arts, business and nursing, and specializes in educator curricula in several disciplines. The university has an active athletic program. The Adams State Grizzlies athletic teams compete under the auspices of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.
A nature lover’s dream, this property is a prime location to see world-class national parks, fish the gold medal winning waters of the Rio Grande, climb to the peaks of some of the many “Fourteeners” Colorado has to offer.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to own a large piece of land in the beautiful countryside of Colorado. Freedom awaits.
Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge:
Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge is one of three national wildlife refuges in the San Luis Valley that provides crucial feeding, resting, and breeding habitat for over 200 bird species and other wildlife. Featuring Wetlands, and highlands, there is always something new to find, and a new place to explore.
Great Sand Dunes National Park:
Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve is home to the tallest sand dunes in America and is less than 40 minutes from the property. It’s known for huge dunes like the towering Star Dune, and for the seasonal Medano Creek and beach created at the base of the dunes. Hike the day, or spend the night stargazing the Milky Way in the sand.
How to visit the property?
Search GPS 37.63397, -105.81387 in Google Maps for directions to the property.
You are welcome to visit a property anytime you like. Just Contact Us to schedule a time so that we can be sure the property is still available before you drive out to it. We operate an eCommerce land business, and we typically do not accompany property visits.