Escape the hustle and bustle of the city, and live on 40 private acres in Alamosa County Colorado. With easy access to the road and power, your future getaway is practically waiting to be built!
Do you shopping in the beautiful town of Alamosa, only 19 Minutes away from the property. Do your shopping at the Walmart supercenter, or Safeway, both conveniently located just off Highway 285 in town.
- No HOA, HOA Fees, or Time Limit to Build
- Livestock is permitted on the property.
- Minimum dwelling size per the Alamosa County Land Use Code is 500 square feet – For Manufactured Homes it is 600 square feet.
- Single & Double Wide Mobile / Manufactured Homes are also allowed on the property within certain guidelines that can be seen in the Residential Use Standards portion of the Land Use Code.
- Residential Use Standards for the property can be found starting on page 29 of the Alamosa County Land Use Code.
- Water needs to drill a well for the underground water of Rio Grande River. Colorado Division of Water Resources (Website)
- Electricity available nearby.
400 Washington Ave, Alamosa, CO 81101 Phone: 800-895-4999
- Telephone, Internet & Cable by Jade Communications
129 Santa Fe Avenue, Alamosa, CO 81101 Phone: 719-589-5140
- Curbside Trash Service by Waste Management in the area, with a setup cost of $80, and a 96 or 64 gallon container serviced every week at $18/month. Phone: 719-852-5895
Alamosa School District No. RE-11J is a public school district located in Alamosa, CO. It has 2,237 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. Phone: 719-587-1600
- Alamosa Elementary School
- Ortega Middle School
- Alamosa High School
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest:
- 14 minutes to Alamosa, CO : Population 10,000
- 23 minutes to San Luis State Wildlife Area
- 27 minutes to Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge
- 28 minutes to Great Sand Dunes National Park
- 41 minutes to Smith Reservoir
- 1 hour 18 minutes to Wolf Creek Ski Area
- 2 hours 47 minutes to Colorado Springs, CO : Population 500,000
- 3 hours 47 minutes to Denver, CO : Population 1+ Million
How to visit the property?
Search GPS 37.55664, -105.8803 in Google Maps for directions to the property.
- Northwest Corner: 37.55664, -105.8803
- Northeast Corner: 37.55667, -105.87606
- Southwest Corner: 37.55314, -105.88028
- Southeast Corner: 37.55314, -105.87614
Popular Local Attractions:
Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge is one of three national wildlife refuges in the San Luis Valley that provides crucial feeding, resting, and breeding habitat for over 200 bird species and other wildlife. Featuring Wetlands, and highlands, there is always something new to find and a new place to explore. This escape is only 33 minutes from the property.
Adams State University is a state-supported liberal arts university in Alamosa, Colorado, United States. The school is located in the San Luis Valley, home to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. The university offers undergraduate programs in physical and social sciences, fine arts, business and nursing, and specializes in educator curricula in several disciplines. The university has an active athletic program. The Adams State Grizzlies athletic teams compete under the auspices of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.
A nature lover’s dream, this property is a prime location to see world-class national parks, fish the waters of the Rio Grande, and see unbeatable views from the peaks of many local mountains.
Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to own a large piece of land in the beautiful countryside of Colorado. Freedom awaits.