|Address:||Sandy Trail, Angleton, TX 77515|
|Title:||Free & Clear, Special Warranty Deed|
|Zoning:||Single Family Residential|
|Taxes:||$62 per year|
|HOA:||$400 per year|
|Water:||Need to install well|
|Sewer:||Need to install septic|
|Phone:||Cell or Landline|
|Internet:||DSL, Cable Mode|
|Legal:||BAR X RANCH SEC 7 (A0053 S CARTER) BLK 4 LOT 157 ACRES 0.75|
Bar-X Ranch is a beautiful single family residential community to the South of Houston. Nearby Brazoria River, Oyster Creek, Tenneco Lake makes this place a fisherman’s paradise! Beautiful trees and lawns attract all kinds of wildlife with deer roam around inside the community!
Located just eight miles west of Angleton. The residential community began in the late 1970s and was named after a ranch that existed on the property. The history of the land’s use dates back as early as the 1830s when a sugar plantation operated in the area. In later decades a cattle ranch, and eventually a rice farm. In the late twentieth century remnants of an old sugar mill were still apparent on the 5,000-acre property. Three small lakes were in the vicinity – Eagle Lake, Bluebonnet Lake, and Hidden Lake.
Annual POA maintenance fee is $300 per lot for houses, and $400 per lot for vacant land. The fee covers grounds maintenance, upkeep of lakes, bayou, pools, and all community amenities. A full range of activities are available for Bar X Ranch property owners and their guests to enjoy.
Bar X Community Amenities:
- 2 Swimming Pools
- 4 Tennis Courts
- Basketball Court
- 2 Boat amps
- Picnic Areas and Campgrounds
- 2 Lakes, Lakehouse, and 2 Pavilions
Angleton is the county seat of Brazoria County, Texas, United States, within the Houston–Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. Angleton lies at the intersection of State Highway 288, State Highway 35, and the Union Pacific Railroad. The population was 18,862 at the 2010 census. Angleton is in the 14th congressional district, and is represented by Republican Congressman Randy Weber. As of the year 2000 census, 18,130 people, 6,508 households, and 4,894 families resided in the city. The racial makeup of the city was 63% White, 23% Hispanic/Latino, 11% African American, 1% Asian, 2% from other races.
Public parks in the area:
- Bates Park
- Brushy Bayou Park
- Welch Park
- Dickey Park
- Freedom Park
- Masterson Park
- B. G. Peck Soccer Complex and Park
- Veterans Park
Public Schools: Angleton Independent School District:
- High schools
Angleton High School (Grades 9-12)
- Junior high schools
Angleton Junior High School (Grades 6-8)
- Elementary schools
Central Elementary (Grades PK-5)
Frontier Elementary (Grades K-5)
Northside Elementary (Grades PK-5)
Rancho Isabella Elementary (Grades K-5)
Southside Elementary (Grades K-5)
Westside Elementary (Grades K-5)
- Private schools
Angleton Christian School
No Time Limit to Build
- Building Requirement can be obtained from Property Owners Association
1169 Bar X Trail, Angleton, TX 77515 Phone: 979-345-2545 (Website)
- Due to low altitude of this community, most of the home owners dig a small pond on their land, and use the dirt to raise up their house
- Electricity Lines & Poles are located at the road and nearby the lot
- Water will need to install a well, nearby neighbors’ well depth average 180 feet
- Sewer will need to install septic system
- Internet Service available from AT&T, EarthLink, etc.
- This land can be purchased together with the adjacent land (APN 185196), making a combined total 1.5 acres land.
Distance to Nearby Cities
- 5 miles to West Columbia, TX
- 8 miles to Angleton, TX (County Seat of Brazoria County)
- 8 miles to Brazoria, TX
- 13 miles to Lake Jackson, TX
- 18 miles to Clute, TX
- 38 miles to Houston, TX
How to Find the Land:
To best help you find the property and any of the boundary line corners, copy and paste any of these GPS coordinates into Google Maps on your computer or smartphone with your GPS turned on:
- Northeast Corner: 29.1274, -95.53751
- Northwest Corner: 29.12752, -95.53775
- Southwest Corner: 29.12665, -95.53832
- Southeast Corner: 29.12653, -95.53808
For example: copy and paste “29.12653, -95.53808” (with the comma and the dash) into the search bar in Google Maps to find the exact location. We recommend this method as the best way to locate the property because the land will be unmarked with no signs or survey stakes.
How to arrange a visit to the property?
You are welcome to visit a property anytime you like. Just Contact Us to schedule a time so that we can be sure the property is still available before you drive out to it. We operate an eCommerce land business, and we typically do not accompany property visits.