Google Map for navigation: https://goo.gl/maps/8t8wx5kE1wpiABRc7
Corner and Boundaries: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1MJOiCYPdVO9InCZk4ctPrlce781i7aiw&usp=sharing
- Elegment ID: TX_Cherokee1
- State: Texas
- County: Cherokee County
- Address: FM 2962, Rusk, TX 75785
- GPS: 31.829740, -95.007010
- Size: 3 Acres
- Dimension: 408 ft x 320 ft
- Parcel Number: 110790000
- Title: Free & Clear, Special Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: Gentle rolling with trees
- Taxes: $138.24 per year
- POA: None
- Road: Paved County Road
- Electric: City Electric
- Water: Need well, or contact Rusk Rural Water Supply for tap-in cost (903) 683-6178
- Sewer: Need septic tank
- Phone: Cell or Landline
- Internet: Local service provider
- Trees: Wooded, not completely or partially cleared
- FEMA Flood Zone: not in FEMA Flood Zone
- RV’s: RV’s are allowed
- Mobile Homes: mobile homes are allowed
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of the City Limits of Rusk, TX
- Legal: A 160 BLK 221 TR 6 J COOK N10
Privacy, peaceful quiet, and spectacular views await your estate home surrounded by pines, oaks, dogwood, hickory and red-bud trees. Access your Wooded and UNRESTRICTED 3 Acres from the county paved road FM 2962. This unique property is located near Rusk, TX (County Seat of Cherokee County) and Jacksonville, TX. Partially fenced with electric pole running along road frontage. Come and enjoy social distancing on your own 3 acres land just 2 hours 15 minutes from Dallas. With major cities close by, you can have everything without going far. Go Off-Grid, get ready to enjoy life in a way that you haven’t done before. This is the perfect place for you to build the country home you always wanted, Let Nature take over your life and start enjoying and performing all the different outdoor activities you have always wanted to do! Enjoy off-grid living at your own land!
Beautiful Lake Jacksonville which is only 19 minutes from this property offers 1,325 acres of water. The lake is surrounded by homes and lovely East Texas scenery. The Lake maintains seven camping sites with water and electricity and ten R.V. Pads with water and electricity. There are three boat ramps on the lake and two public swimming areas. The camping area also has restroom facilities with showers for the campers.
The soil around Lake Jacksonville is a sandy loam over red clay, and the area is wooded with mixed hardwood and pine trees. A fisherman’s paradise for catching record size Large-mouth bass, Spotted bass, Crappie, Sunfish.
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest:
- 13 minutes to Rusk, TX (county seat of Cherokee County)
- 17 minutes to Lake Striker
- 25 minutes to Walmart Supercenter
- 26 minutes to Jacksonville, TX
- 35 minutes to Lake Jacksonville
- 37 minutes to Nacogdoches, TX
- 55 minutes to Lufkin, Texas : Population 35,500 (more info)
- 57 minutes to Tyler, TX
- 2 hours 16 minutes to Dallas, Texas : Population 1,340,000 (more info)
- 2 hours 48 minutes to Houston, Texas : Population 2,300,000 (more info)
How to visit the property?
Search GPS 31.82974, -95.00701 in Google Maps for Directions to the property.
- Northwest Corner: 31.83077, -95.00803
- Southwest Corner: 31.82974, -95.00805
- Southeast Corner: 31.82974, -95.00701
- Northeast Corner: 31.83078, -95.00699
You are welcome to visit a property anytime you like. Just Contact Us to schedule a time so that we can be sure the property is still available before you drive out to it. We operate an eCommerce land business, and we typically do not accompany property visits.