- Elegment ID: TX_Cherokee11
- State: Texas
- County: Cherokee County
- Address: County Road 3406, Jacksonville, TX 75766
- GPS: 32.04228, -95.34496
- Size: 9.22 Acres
- Dimension: 155 ft x 2591 ft
- Parcel Number: 104399000
- Title: Free & Clear, Special Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: Flat with trees
- Taxes: $387.42 per year
- POA: None
- Road: County Road
- Electric: Cherokee County Electric Cooperative (800-992-4280, website)
- Water: Need well (neighbor to the south is interested to install a shared well)
- Sewer: Need septic
- Natural Gas: Need propane tank
- Trash Collection: Ameri-Tex Services (866-839-1800, website)
- Phone: Cell or Landline
- Internet: Local service provider, or StarLink
- Trees: wooded, partially cleared, secluded, privacy
- FEMA Flood Zone: not in FEMA Flood Zone
- RV’s: RV is allowed
- Mobile Homes: mobile home is allowed
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of the City Limits of Jacksonville, TX
- Legal: A 35 BLK 2013 TR 9 U MOORE E04
STEP 1: Navigate to private road entrance on County Road 3406: https://goo.gl/maps/uVUHnDgZvTTa6FmS7
STEP 2: Continue on private road: https://goo.gl/maps/2yc2LMQsvuvpk9sr7
STEP 3: Corner and Boundaries: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1rJ36Zix0iYYmHNyRkcczpucb9gGehmCk&usp=sharing
(when you are near the land, click this link on your phone to open Google Map, the RED BOX shows the land boundary, the FLASHING BLUE DOT shows where you are standing)
Enjoy the ultimate privacy, peace, and quiet on your own 9-acres of land! You will not see your neighbors much!
Spectacular views await your estate home surrounded by pines, oaks, dogwood, hickory and red-bud trees. Access your Wooded and UNRESTRICTED 9 Acres from County Road. This unique property is located between Tyler (Smith County Seat), Jacksonville (Largest city in Cherokee County), Palestine (Anderson County Seat), and Athens (Henderson County Seat). Lots of mature trees providing excellent privacy or recreational use.
The UNRESTRICTED long shape land allows you many uses! For example, you can put 9 houses/cabins on this land, with each enjoying 1+ acres of private space. Or put a house/cabin to the front, and reserve the back for Hunting, Hiking, Recreation Uses! This land is about 30 feet raised from County Road 3406, you will never need to worry about flooding!
Come and enjoy social distancing on your own 9 acres land just 1 hours 45 minutes from Dallas. With major cities close by, you can have everything without going far. Go Off-Grid, get ready to enjoy life in a way that you haven’t done before. This is the perfect place for you to build the country home you always wanted, Let Nature take over your life and start enjoying and performing all the different outdoor activities you have always wanted to do! Enjoy off-grid living at your own land!
Beautiful Lake Jacksonville which is only 19 minutes from this property offers 1,325 acres of water. The lake is surrounded by homes and lovely East Texas scenery. The Lake maintains seven camping sites with water and electricity and ten RV pads with water and electricity. There are three boat ramps on the lake and two public swimming areas. The camping area also has restroom facilities with showers for the campers.
The soil around Lake Jacksonville is a sandy loam over red clay, and the area is wooded with mixed hardwood and pine trees. A fisherman’s paradise for catching record size Large-mouth bass, Spotted bass, Crappie, and Sunfish.
Davy Crockett National Forest:
Only 50 minutes away is Davy Crockett National Forest. It is part of the Piney Woods ecoregion, covers a total of 160,647 acres of wooded space. Bordered on the northeast by the Neches River, Davy Crockett National Forest includes the 45-acre Ratcliff Lake. The area is pine-hardwood woodlands with flat to gently rolling terrain. Recreational facilities within the national forest at the Ratcliff Lake Recreation Area include a bathhouse, camping, picnicking and swimming areas, boat ramps, and hiking trails. The Big Slough Wilderness also lies within the forest.
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest:
- 11 minutes to Jacksonville, TX
- 14 minutes to Walmart Supercenter, Jacksonville, TX
- 19 minutes to Lake Jacksonville
- 36 minutes to Palestine, TX (county seat of Anderson County)
- 45 minutes to Rusk, TX (county seat of Cherokee County)
- 1 hour 5 minutes to Nacogdoches, TX (county seat of Nacogdoches County)
- 1 hour 12 minutes to Lake Nacogdoches
- 1 hour 12 minutes to Lufkin, Texas : Population 35,500 (more info)
- 1 hour 15 minutes to Davy Crockett National Forest
- 1 hour 45 minutes to Dallas, Texas : Population 1,340,000 (more info)
- 2 hours 55 minutes to Houston, Texas : Population 2,300,000 (more info)
How to visit the property?
Search GPS 32.04228, -95.34496 in Google Maps for Directions to the property.
- Northwest Corner: 32.04239, -95.34497
- Southwest Corner: 32.04196, -95.34497
- Southeast Corner: 32.042, -95.33716
- Northeast Corner: 32.04248, -95.33718
You are welcome to visit a property anytime you like. Just Contact Us to schedule a time so that we can be sure the property is still available before you drive out to it. We operate an eCommerce land business, and we typically do not accompany property visits.