- Elegment ID: TX_Cherokee4
- State: Texas
- County: Cherokee County
- Address: County Road 2920, Alto, TX 75925
- GPS: 31.62375, -95.20836
- Size: 2.61 Acres
- Dimension: 650 ft x 134 ft
- Parcel Number: 114976000
- Title: Free & Clear, Special Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: Gentle rolling with trees
- Taxes: $36.76 per year
- POA: None
- Road: County Road
- Electric: service by Cherokee County Electric Cooperative (Phone: 903-683-2248, buyer to verify connection cost)
- Water: Need well
- Sewer: Need septic tank
- Phone: Cell or Landline
- Internet: Local service provider
- Trees: wooded, uncleared, secluded, privacy
- FEMA Flood Zone: not in FEMA Flood Zone
- RV’s: RV is allowed
- Mobile Homes: mobile home is allowed
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of the City Limits of Alto, TX
- Legal: A 531 BLK 1494 TR 7 M LUCE H19
Google Map for navigation: https://goo.gl/maps/UkGRqWNJyHPfncnR9
Corner and Boundaries: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1AVIIRKKLPsyf2ZIAh_GR-2DMytjhA3Gf&usp=sharing
(when you are near the land, click this link on your phone to open Google Map, the RED BOX shows the land boundary, the FLASHING BLUE DOT shows where you are standing)
Privacy, peaceful quiet, and spectacular views await your estate home surrounded by pines, oaks, dogwood, hickory and red-bud trees. Access your Wooded and UNRESTRICTED 2.6 Acres from County Road . This unique property is located between Alto TX, Rusk TX (county seat of Cherokee County) and Palestine TX (county seat of Anderson County). Lots of mature trees providing excellent privacy or recreational use. Come and enjoy social distancing on your own 2.6 acres land just 2 hours 15 minutes from Dallas. With major cities close by, you can have everything without going far. Go Off-Grid, get ready to enjoy life in a way that you haven’t done before. This is the perfect place for you to build the country home you always wanted, Let Nature take over your life and start enjoying and performing all the different outdoor activities you have always wanted to do! Enjoy off-grid living at your own land!
Beautiful Lake Jacksonville which is only 19 minutes from this property offers 1,325 acres of water. The lake is surrounded by homes and lovely East Texas scenery. The Lake maintains seven camping sites with water and electricity and ten R.V. Pads with water and electricity. There are three boat ramps on the lake and two public swimming areas. The camping area also has restroom facilities with showers for the campers.
The soil around Lake Jacksonville is a sandy loam over red clay, and the area is wooded with mixed hardwood and pine trees. A fisherman’s paradise for catching record size Large-mouth bass, Spotted bass, Crappie, Sunfish.
Davy Crockett National Forest:
Only 50 minutes away is Davy Crockett National Forest. It is part of the Piney Woods ecoregion, covers a total of 160,647 acres of wooded space. Bordered on the northeast by the Neches River, Davy Crockett National Forest includes the 45-acre Ratcliff Lake. The area is pine-hardwood woodlands with flat to gently rolling terrain. Recreational facilities within the national forest at the Ratcliff Lake Recreation Area include a bathhouse, camping, picnicking and swimming areas, boat ramps, and hiking trails. The Big Slough Wilderness also lies within the forest.
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest:
- 26 minutes to Rusk, TX (county seat of Cherokee County)
- 35 minutes to Palestine, TX (county seat of Anderson County)
- 39 minutes to Walmart Supercenter, Palestine, TX
- 42 minutes to Jacksonville, TX
- 41 minutes to Nacogdoches, TX (county seat of Nacogdoches County)
- 47 minutes to Lufkin, Texas : Population 35,500 (more info)
- 50 minutes to Lake Jacksonville
- 50 minutes to Davy Crockett National Forest
- 2 hours 20 minutes to Dallas, Texas : Population 1,340,000 (more info)
- 2 hours 30 minutes to Houston, Texas : Population 2,300,000 (more info)
How to visit the property?
Search GPS 31.62375, -95.20836 in Google Maps for Directions to the property.
- Northwest Corner: 31.62395, -95.20868
- Southwest Corner: 31.62344, -95.20899
- Southeast Corner: 31.62375, -95.20695
- Northeast Corner: 31.62423, -95.20672
You are welcome to visit a property anytime you like. Just Contact Us to schedule a time so that we can be sure the property is still available before you drive out to it. We operate an eCommerce land business, and we typically do not accompany property visits.