- Elegment ID: CO_Conejos4
- State: Colorado
- County: Conejos County
- Address: Prairie Wind Ln, La Jara, CO, 81140
- GPS: 37.32594, -106.18127
- Size: 0.19 acre (8276 Sqft)
- Dimension: 150 ft x 55 ft
- Parcel Number: 556335201043
- Title: Free & Clear, Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: Flat
- Taxes: $37.04 per year
- POA: None
- Road: County Road
- Electric: Electric pole nearby (buyer to verify connection cost)
- Water: Need well (average well depth in the area 40~140 feet)
- Sewer: Need septic tank
- Phone: Cell or satellite
- Internet: Cell or satellite
- Trees: cleared
- FEMA Flood Zone: not in FEMA Flood Zone
- RV’s: RV camping is allowed for recreational use (with septic system). RV living is also allowed during house construction period as temperately dwelling (with valid building permit).
- Manufactured/Mobile Home: manufactured/mobile home is allowed
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of the city limits of La Jara, CO
- Legal: ALAMOSA RIVER ESTATES BLK A LOT 43
STEP 1: Google Map for navigation: https://goo.gl/maps/gE9GM1Ri3TpBghpo8
STEP 2: Corner and Boundaries: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/6/edit?mid=1aHhdrUEacB29QnIOtGlWIWJwWHfkBKMR&usp=sharing
(when you are near the land, click this link on your phone to open Google Map, the RED BOX shows the land boundary, the FLASHING BLUE DOT shows where you are standing)
Located at the base of the San Juan Mountain Range, you will love this 8276 sqft parcel in the private but easy accessible part of Conejos County, Colorado. Very few neighbors and only 21 minutes drive from La Jara, CO. Southern Colorado major city, Alamosa, is only 33 minutes away where you can find local restaurants, hospitals, grocery stores, Adams State University and Walmart Super Center!
Beautiful Alamosa River is just across street (160 feet!). This property also offers beautiful views of Chiquito and Green Ridge Mountain! Within 0.6 miles, you will surround yourself with thousands of acres of Open Access BLM Land, Hot Creek State Wildlife Area, Terrance Reservoir Wildlife Area, La Jara Reservoir Wildlife Area, Rio Grande National Forest! Very desirable for hiking, outdoor recreation and hunting of elk and deer.
- No HOA, no HOA fees, no Time Limit to Build.
- This property is UNRESTRICTED – meaning no restrictions, no covenants, no assessments.
- Mobile / Manufactured Homes are allowed on the property within guidelines from Section 8.1 of the Conejos County Land Use Code.
- You can put a mobile home, tiny home, shipping container home or alternative type of dwelling on the property.
- RV Camping is allowed with a septic system in place. Or during house construction period as temperately dwelling (with valid building permit)
- There are RVs, Cabins, Mobile Homes, Site-Built Homes and Ranches on nearby parcels.
- Based on Colorado Division of Water Resources, wells in the area have a depth of 40~140 feet to access the Alamosa River underground water. Search the Colorado Division of Water Resources Website (LINK). Well Permit Information (LINK)
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest:
- 14 minutes to Chiquito Peak
- 18 minutes to Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge (more info)
- 20 minutes to Jack’s Market
- 21 minutes to La Jara, CO : Population 881 (more info)
- 25 minutes to North Conejos School District RE1-J (more info)
- 31 minutes to San Luis Valley Regional Airport
- 33 minutes to Alamosa, CO : Population 10,000 (more info)
- 33 minutes to Adams State University
- 35 minutes to Walmart Supercenter
- 35 minutes to Ace Hardware
- 2 hours 32 minutes to Pueblo, CO (more info)
- 3 hours 13 minutes to Colorado Springs, CO : Population 500,000 (more info)
- 4 hours 9 minutes to Denver, CO : Population 1+ Million (more info)
How to Find the Land:
Copy and paste 37.32594, -106.18127 into Google Maps on your computer or smartphone:
- Northwest Corner: 37.32636, -106.18115
- Southwest Corner: 37.326, -106.18143
- Southeast Corner: 37.32594, -106.18127
- Northeast Corner: 37.3263, -106.18098
How to arrange a visit to the property?
You are welcome to visit a property anytime you like. Just Contact Us to schedule a time so that we can be sure the property is still available before you drive out to it. We operate an eCommerce land business, and we typically do not accompany property visits.