Purchase Closing – we provide the best Buyer Protection on your land title
- Cash Buyer will receive a Warranty Deed.
- Seller Financed Buyer will receive a Warranty Deed + Deed of Trust.
- No fees for Buyer if closing in-house. Buyer responsible for current year and subsequent year property taxes.
- Elegment ID: ELE_CO_RGR01
- County/State: Costilla County, Colorado
- Address: Cora Road, San Luis, Costilla County, Colorado, 81152
- GPS: 37.17055, -105.63752
- Parcel Number: 71564644
- Size: 7.45 Acres
- Dimension: 551 ft x 589 ft
- Title: Free & Clear, Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: Gentle slope
- Taxes: $53.16 per year
- POA: None
- Road: County Road
- Electric: Need solar/wind generators
- Water: Need well (average well depth ~150 feet), or water hauling
- Sewer: Need septic tank
- Phone: Cell
- Internet: Cell/Satellite
- FEMA Flood Zone: not in FEMA Flood Zone
- RV’s: up to 180 days per year (with Long-Term RV Camping Permit)
- Manufactured Home: manufactured home is allowed
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of the city limits of San Luis, CO
- Legal Description: R.G.R. UNIT 49 BLK 7 LOT52 CONT 7.45 AC. (262-609-612) (SWD 266-703 & 704) (CSWD267-395 & 396) (SWD 268-966 & 967)(269-793& 794 CSWD) (QCD 270-306 & 307)(284-265WD)(WD 307-22) (QCD 306-107)(WD 312-352-353)(WD 308-192-194) (QCD 329-104-105)(WD 340-4)(WD 344-178-179
STEP 1: Google Map for navigation: https://goo.gl/maps/VhRiY8wwREoGKxCc7
STEP 2: Corner and Boundaries: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=12fxoad9lL6T_V8XUqVmSduMDJZYaJ-rO&usp=sharing
(when you are near the land, click this link on your phone to open Google Map, the RED BOX shows the land boundary, the FLASHING BLUE DOT shows where you are standing)
This beautiful 7.5 acres Mountain View land is flat to the front, and gentle upward slope toward the back. Easily buildable. Ringed by almost 2 million acres of National forests with spectacular mountain ranges. From the rugged and jagged peaks of the Sangre De Cristo, to the glacial canyons and forested tablelands of the San Juans, variety is the word best to describe this topography. Almost 6 football field in size, this square shape land is access by county-maintained Cora Road.
The San Luis Valley region comprised of Alamosa County, Conejos County, Costilla County, Mineral County, Rio Grande County, and Saguache County, with 46,000 population. The San Luis Valley region is known for its educational services, retail trade, agriculture, business & repair services, health services, entertainment/ recreation services, finance, insurance, public utilities, manufacturing, wholesale, trader, transportation, mining, construction and public administration.
There are so many outdoor recreations within a short distance of this land. Rio Grande River and thousands of acres of San Luis Valley BLM land is only 5 miles to the west. Activities here include miles of trails for hiking & mountain biking, Bird Watching, Boating, Fishing, Hunting and Camping. Find more information on the above activities here.
This property is RV and manufactured home friendly:
- No HOA, no HOA fees, no Time Limit to Build
- Minimum dwelling size per the Costilla County Land Use Code is 600 square feet. Meaning tiny home is allowed!
- Two homes allowed. A main house plus a mother-in-law house
- Single & Double Wide Mobile / Manufactured Home is allowed on the property. Costilla County Land Use Code (Link)
- Short Term RV Camping: up to 14 days every consecutive 3 months
- Long Term RV Camping: up to 180 days per year with county permit, information can be found on Page 6 of Costilla County Residential Development Policy and Procedure
With the following utilities and public service:
- Electric: the San Luis Valley has the strongest solar power resources in the state, the highest per capita concentration of home-based solar energy systems in the United States. The cost of solar system kits starts at about $1100 depending on size and usage. People also use gasoline power generators for back up, like when times call for using large power tools. Some neighbors installed both solar and wind generators
- Water: A money saving option, if you don’t want to drill right away, or if you’re just using your land for vacation, you can haul your own water. You can fill a 500-gallon tank at the Alamosa Water Department for only $2.50 (Phone: 719-589-2593). The average well depth in the Rio Grande Ranches is about 150 feet. One of our photos shows average well depth by subdivision in Costilla County. Drilling costs about $35 per foot. Colorado Division of Water Resources (Website)
- Septic: Septic system costs around $5,000 – $8,000 to install in the area.
- Gas: propane is used for cooking, refrigerator and heat. Propane is delivered throughout the San Luis Valley. Most people also use woodstoves for heating. Abundant cheap firewood is available in the local forest.
- Telephone / Internet: by cellular or satellite. Starlink (website)
- Fire Protection: provided by the San Luis Volunteer Fire Department in Fort Garland.
- Police Protection: provided by Costilla County Sheriff office in San Luis.
- Education: Elementary, junior high, and high schools are located in all main towns in the valley. Adams State College is located in Alamosa. Small classes, low tuition and faculty dedicated to teaching have put this college on the exclusive list of America’s 100 Best College Buys for three years in a row.
- Shopping: Convenience shopping is available in Blanca, Fort Garland and San Luis and Alamosa has major shopping facilities. Walgreens, Home Depot, Farmers Markets, Walmart etc…
View of Rio Grande River from State Highway 142:
Costilla County, CO Recreational Areas:
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest:
- 17 minutes to R&R Market
- 18 minutes to San Luis, CO
- 23 minutes to San Luis Valley Regional Airport
- 25 minutes to Los Fuertas, CO
- 32 minutes to Sanchez Reservoir
- 32 minutes to Blanca, CO
- 36 minutes to San Pedro Mesa
- 48 minutes to Alamosa, CO
- 59 minutes to Purgatoire Peak
- 1 hour 6 minutes to San Luis State Wildlife Area
- 1 hour 6 minutes to Twin Peaks / Blanca Peak
- 1 hour 32 minutes to Panadero Ski Area
- 2 hours 13 minutes to Pueblo, CO
- 2 hours 46 minutes to Colorado Springs, CO : Population 500,000 (more info)
- 3 hours 52 minutes to Denver, CO : Population 1+ Million (more info)
How to Find the Land:
Copy and paste 37.17055, -105.63752 into Google Maps on your computer or smartphone:
- Northwest Corner: 37.17072, -105.63742
- West Corner: 37.17055, -105.63752
- Southwest Corner: 37.16907, -105.63709
- Southeast Corner: 37.16908, -105.63539
- Northeast Corner: 37.17061, -105.63539
How to arrange a visit to the property?
You are welcome to visit a property anytime you like. Just Contact Us to schedule a time so that we can be sure the property is still available before you drive out to it. We operate an eCommerce land business, and we typically do not accompany property visits.