Purchase Closing – we provide the best Buyer Protection on your land title
- Cash Buyer will receive a Warranty Deed.
- Seller Financed Buyer will receive a Warranty Deed + Deed of Trust.
- No fees for Buyer if closing in-house. Buyer responsible for current year and subsequent year property taxes.
- Elegment ID: ELE_CO_SDCR01
- County/State: Costilla County, Colorado
- Address: Hallstein Rd, Fort Garland, Costilla County, Colorado, 81133
- GPS: 37.49474, -105.28484
- Parcel Number: 70248220
- Size: 5.7 Acres
- Dimension: 417 ft x 883 ft
- Title: Free & Clear, Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: Flat
- Taxes: $222.62 per year
- POA: None
- Road: County Road
- Electric: Need solar/wind generators
- Water: Need well (average well depth ~75 feet), or water hauling
- Sewer: Need septic tank
- Phone: Cell
- Internet: Cell/Satellite
- FEMA Flood Zone: not in FEMA Flood Zone
- RV’s: up to 180 days per year (with Long-Term RV Camping Permit)
- Manufactured Home: manufactured home is allowed
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of the city limits of Fort Garland, CO
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT L-3 BLK 346 LOT 7714 CONT 5.401 AC (WD 350-276)(WD 360-639)(WD369-169)(WD 391-83)
STEP 1: Google Map for navigation: https://goo.gl/maps/ubc4z1HYcXhv9VFn9
STEP 2: Corner and Boundaries: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1XMha8cr0NOITQ8zga5H-onX0SbzCIkku&usp=sharing
(when you are near the land, click this link on your phone to open Google Map, the RED BOX shows the land boundary, the FLASHING BLUE DOT shows where you are standing)
Entrance from Highway 160 to Sangre De Cristo Ranch subdivision:
This beautiful 5.7 acres land sits at the foothill of Mount Lindsey and Blanca Peak. Easily buildable. Surrounded by more than 1.1 million acres of San Isbel National forests with spectacular mountain ranges. From the rugged and jagged peaks of the Sangre De Cristo, to the glacial canyons and forested tablelands of the San Juans, variety is the word best to describe this topography. More than 4 football fields in size, this cul-de-sac land provides excellent privacy!
The San Luis Valley region comprised of Alamosa County, Conejos County, Costilla County, Mineral County, Rio Grande County, and Saguache County, with 46,000 population. The San Luis Valley region is known for its educational services, retail trade, agriculture, business & repair services, health services, entertainment/ recreation services, finance, insurance, public utilities, manufacturing, wholesale, trader, transportation, mining, construction and public administration.
There are so many outdoor recreations within a short distance of this land. Blanca Peak to the north, San Isabel National Forest, Spanish Peaks State Wildlife Area to the east. Activities here include miles of trails for hiking & mountain biking, Bird Watching, Boating, Fishing, Hunting and Camping. Find more information on the above activities here.
This property is RV and manufactured home friendly:
- No HOA, no HOA fees, no Time Limit to Build
- Minimum dwelling size per the Costilla County Land Use Code is 600 square feet. Meaning tiny home is allowed!
- Two homes allowed. A main house plus a mother-in-law house
- Single & Double Wide Mobile / Manufactured Home is allowed on the property. Costilla County Land Use Code (Link)
- Short Term RV Camping: up to 14 days every consecutive 3 months
- Long Term RV Camping: up to 180 days per year with county permit, information can be found on Page 6 of Costilla County Residential Development Policy and Procedure
With the following utilities and public service:
- Electric: the San Luis Valley has the strongest solar power resources in the state, the highest per capita concentration of home-based solar energy systems in the United States. The cost of solar system kits starts at about $1100 depending on size and usage. People also use gasoline power generators for back up, like when times call for using large power tools. Some neighbors installed both solar and wind generators
- Water: A money saving option, if you don’t want to drill right away, or if you’re just using your land for vacation, you can haul your own water. You can fill a 500-gallon tank at the Alamosa Water Department for only $2.50 (Phone: 719-589-2593). The average well depth in the Rio Grande Ranches is about 100 feet in the area. One of our photos shows average well depth by subdivision in Costilla County. Drilling costs about $35 per foot. Colorado Division of Water Resources (Website)
- Septic: Septic system costs around $5000 – $8000 to install in the area.
- Gas: propane is used for cooking, refrigerator and heat. Propane is delivered throughout the San Luis Valley. Most people also use woodstoves for heating. Abundant cheap firewood is available in the local forest.
- Telephone / Internet: by cellular or satellite. Starlink (website)
- Fire Protection: provided by the San Luis Volunteer Fire Department in Fort Garland.
- Police Protection: provided by Costilla County Sheriff office in San Luis.
- Education: Elementary, junior high, and high schools are located in all main towns in the valley. Adams State College is located in Alamosa. Small classes, low tuition and faculty dedicated to teaching have put this college on the exclusive list of America’s 100 Best College Buys for three years in a row.
- Shopping: Convenience shopping is available in Blanca, Fort Garland and San Luis. Alamosa has major shopping facilities. Walgreens, Home Depot, Farmers Markets, Walmart etc…
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest:
- 21 minutes to Fort Garland, CO
- 34 minutes to Centennial High School
- 36 minutes to San Luis, CO
- 43 minutes to Rito Seco Park
- 51 minutes to Sanchez Reservoir
- 47 minutes to Great San Dunes National Park and Preserve
- 47 minutes to Alamosa, CO
- 48 minutes to Adam State University
- 51 minutes to San Luis Valley Regional Airport
- 55 minutes to San Luis State Wildlife Area
- 52 minutes to Walmart Supercenter
- 1 hour 3 minutes to San Pedro Mesa
- 1 hour 14 minutes to Purgatoire Peak
- 1 hour 17 minutes to Culebra Peak
- 2 hours 41 minutes to Colorado Springs, CO
- 3 hours 50 minutes to Denver, CO
How to Find the Land:
Copy and paste 37.49474, -105.28484 into Google Maps on your computer or smartphone:
- Northwest Corner: 37.49726, -105.28649
- Southwest Corner: 37.49474, -105.28484
- Southeast Corner: 37.49476, -105.28451
- Northeast Corner: 37.49803, -105.28569
How to arrange a visit to the property?
You are welcome to visit a property anytime you like. Just Contact Us to schedule a time so that we can be sure the property is still available before you drive out to it. We operate an eCommerce land business, and we typically do not accompany property visits.