Benefits of Owning Land in Hughes County, OK
If you are looking for land for sale in Okahoma, Hughes County could be a great option. Located in the heart of Oklahoma’s agricultural region, this area offers several benefits for landowners. Land owners can enjoy agricultural opportunities, outdoor recreation, affordable cost of living, and privacy and seclusion.
Thriving Agricultural Opportunities
Located in the heart of Oklahoma’s agricultural region, Hughes County offers vast opportunities for farming, ranching, and other agricultural pursuits. This region is well known for its fertile land and favorable weather conditions, making it an excellent place for agricultural production. Whether you’re a seasoned farmer or new to the industry, owning land in Hughes County could provide you with the chance to fulfill your agricultural dreams.
Exciting Outdoor Recreation
If you’re an outdoor enthusiast, you’ll love the vast selection of recreational activities available in Hughes County. The area is home to several state parks and wildlife management areas, such as Holdenville Lake, Wetumka Lake, and Hickory Creek Wilderness Area. Here, you can enjoy activities like fishing, camping, hunting, and hiking in the breathtaking wilderness. And if you love water activities, Lake Eufaula is only a short drive away, offering an array of boating and fishing opportunities.
Affordable Cost of Living
Compared to many other parts of the country, Hughes County offers a lower cost of living. This makes it an attractive option for those looking for a more affordable place to live. In fact, the cost of living in Hughes County is 27% lower than the national average. This means you can stretch your dollar further while still enjoying all the benefits of living in a picturesque and thriving region.
Privacy and Seclusion
If you’re seeking a more private and secluded lifestyle away from the hustle and bustle of city living, Hughes County could be your dream destination. The county seat of Holdenville has a population of only 5500. The second largest city, Wetumka, has a population of only 1500. Hughes County is a largely rural area with a slower pace of life compared to larger urban centers. Here, you can enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle or pursue outdoor activities like hunting, fishing, and hiking in peace and tranquility.
- Q: Is Hughes County a safe place to live?
- A: Yes! Hughes County is known for its friendly and safe community. Hughes County has a violent crime rate of 14.2 (vs. US average of 22.7). And a property crime rate of 25.7 (vs. US average of 35.4).
- Q: What is the climate like in Hughes County?
- A: The climate in Hughes County is mild with hot summers and mild winters, making it an excellent place for agricultural pursuits.
- Q: What are the employment opportunities in Hughes County?
- A: Hughes County offers opportunities in agriculture, manufacturing, healthcare, and retail sectors.
- Q: Are there good schools in Hughes County?
- A: Yes, Hughes County has several high-quality schools, including Holdenville Public Schools, Wetumka Public Schools, and Allen Public Schools.
Hughes County Land for Sale by Elegment Land
Showing all 4 results
2.525 Acres Unrestricted RV/Mobile Lot with Electric near McAlester OK$23,900 Cash Price View Property
20 Acres Unrestricted with Homesite, Old Well & Live Creek 1.5 Hours to Tulsa & OKC$109,000 Cash Price View Property
4 Acres Unrestricted RV/Mobile Lot with Electric near McAlester OK$39,600 Cash Price View Property
Unrestricted Corner Lot 4 Acres with a PondCash Price View Property
Showing all 4 results