- We provide the best Buyer Protection on your land title.
- Cash Buyer will receive a Warranty Deed.
- Seller Financed Buyer will receive a Warranty Deed + Deed of Trust.
- No fees for Buyer if closing in-house. Buyer responsible for current year and subsequent year property taxes.
- Elegment ID: ELE_CO_Costilla02
- County/State: Costilla County, Colorado
- Address: Mesa Dr East, San Luis, Costilla County, Colorado, 81152
- GPS: 37.10582, -105.43138
- Parcel Number: 71230660
- Size: 2.03 Acres
- Dimension: 540 ft x 163 ft
- Title: Free & Clear, Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: Flat
- Taxes: $166.20 per year
- POA: None
- Road: County Road
- Electric: electric pole nearby (buyer to verify connection cost), or solar/wind generators
- Water: Need well (average well depth ~100 feet)
- Sewer: Need septic tank
- Phone: Cell
- Internet: Cell/Satellite
- Trees: some trees and shrubs
- FEMA Flood Zone: not in FEMA Flood Zone
- RV’s: up to 180 days per year (with Long-Term RV Camping Permit)
- Manufactured Home: manufactured home is allowed
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of the city limits
- Legal: W.H.M. SECTION F BLK 77 PARCEL 29 (238-884) (DC 258-674)(WD 269-396) (QCD 394-920) (MTN.TRCT.ACC. 406-867-960)
You will love this 2.03 acres parcel with Electric nearby in the remote but easy accessible part of Costilla Country, Colorado. Breath taking view of Culebra Peak! Very few neighbors in the Wild Horse Mesa neighborhood, and only 10 miles from the city of San Luis, CO. Many activities in the surrounding area – skiing, golfing, fishing, mountain climbing! A great place for a home or just to park your RV. There are lots of beautiful wild horses roam this area, only 0.5 miles from beautiful Sanchez Reservoir, Rio Grande River is only 20 miles west!
There are so many outdoor recreations within a short distance of this land. San Luis State Wildlife Area is 1,691 acres of open space and is located just 30 minutes from the property. Activities here include four miles of gravel trails for hiking & mountain biking, Bird Watching, Boating, Fishing, Hunting and Camping featuring electrical hookups, grills, and a dump station. Find more information on the above activities here.
- No HOA, no HOA fees, no Time Limit to Build
- Minimum dwelling size per the Costilla County Land Use Code is 600 square feet. Meaning tiny home is allowed!
- Single & Double Wide Mobile / Manufactured Home is allowed on the property. Costilla County Land Use Code (Link)
- Short Term RV Camping: up to 14 days every consecutive 3 months
- Long Term RV Camping: up to 180 days per year with county permit, information can be found on Page 6 of Costilla County Residential Development Policy and Procedure
- Electricity: electric pole nearby the land, or by solar/wind generators (some neighbors have installed both)
- Water: needs to drill a well for the underground water of Rio Grande River, average depth between 60-100 feet in the area. Colorado Division of Water Resources (Website)
- Telephone, Internet: by cellular or satellite
Entrance to Sanchez Reservoir
Sanchez Reservoir (0.5 miles east of property)
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest:
- 5 minutes to Sanchez Reservoir
- 22 minutes to San Luis
- 23 minutes to R&R Market
- 37 minutes to Fort Garland, CO
- 43 minutes to Blanca, CO
- 53 minutes to Purgatoire Peak
- 1 hour to Alamosa, CO
- 1 hour to San Luis Valley Regional Airport
- 1 hour 30 minutes to Panadero Ski Area
- 1 hour 10 minutes to Twin Peaks / Blanca Peak
- 2 hours 8 minutes to Pueblo, CO
- 2 hours 46 minutes to Colorado Springs, CO : Population 500,000 (more info)
- 3 hours 51 minutes to Denver, CO : Population 1+ Million (more info)
How to arrange a visit to the land?
You are welcome to visit a property anytime you like. Just Contact Us to schedule a time so that we can be sure the property is still available before you drive out to it. We operate an eCommerce land business, and we typically do not accompany property visits.
Copy and paste 37.10582, -105.43138 into Google Maps on your computer or smartphone:
- Northwest Corner: 37.10582, -105.43138
- Southwest Corner: 37.10494, -105.42989
- Southeast Corner: 37.10529, -105.42956
- Northeast Corner: 37.10618, -105.43105
Step 1: Google Map for navigation: Google Map Link
Step 2: Corner and Boundaries: Google Map Link
(when you are near the land, click this link on your phone to open Google Map, the RED BOX shows the land boundary, the FLASHING BLUE DOT shows where you are standing)