How to visit this 8.46 acres land in Southern CO for sale?
To visit this 8.46 acres land in Southern CO for sale, search 21st St, Blanca, Colorado, 81123 within Costilla County on your phone. When you are near the land, search 37.35952, -105.49387 on Google Map to locate one of the corners. Contact our office for surveys (if available), county plat maps, Google Map boundaries and corners, and MapRight.
- Northwest Corner: 37.36068, -105.49384
- Southwest Corner: 37.35952, -105.49387
- Southeast Corner: 37.35953, -105.49084
- Northeast Corner: 37.36068, -105.49085
STEP 1: Navigate to County Road X: Google Map Link
STEP 2: Navigate to land parcel from Road X: Google Map Link
STEP 3: Corner and Boundaries: Google Map Link
(when you are near the land, click this link on your phone to open Google Map, the RED BOX shows the land boundary, the FLASHING BLUE DOT shows where you are standing)
Special Note: Google has incorrect navigation that could take you to a private gated road. Please use our Google Map navigation points above to get to this land parcel.
This beautiful 8.46 acres of land in Southern CO for sale sits at the foothill of Spanish Peaks Mountain. Surrounded by almost 2 million acres of National forests with spectacular mountain ranges.
The property is easily buildable, surrounded by almost 2 million acres of national forests with spectacular mountain ranges. From the rugged peaks of the Sangre De Cristo to the glacial canyons and forested tablelands of the San Juans, this 8.46 acres land in Southern CO for sale offers a diverse and picturesque landscape.
Measuring almost 4 football fields in size, this square-shaped corner land is located at the southwest corner of county-maintained Coronado Road and V5 Road. The San Luis Valley region is known for its diverse range of services, including education, retail trade, agriculture, business and repair services, health services, entertainment/recreation services, finance, insurance, public utilities, manufacturing, wholesale, transportation, mining, construction and public administration.
This 8.46 acres land in Southern CO for sale is located just a short distance from many outdoor recreation activities, such as Blanca Peak to the north, San Isabel National Forest, and the Spanish Peaks State Wildlife Area to the east. Activities in the area include hiking, mountain biking, birdwatching, boating, fishing, hunting, and camping. Find more information on the above activities in the San Luis Lakes State Wildlife Area.
RV and Manufactured Homes
This property is RV and manufactured home friendly, with no HOA, no HOA fees, and no time limit to build. There is a minimum dwelling size of 600 square feet per the Costilla County Land Use Code, which allows for tiny homes. Two homes are allowed, with a main house and a mother-in-law’s house.
Single and double-wide mobile/manufactured homes are allowed on the property. There is short-term RV camping, up to 14 days every consecutive 3 months and long-term RV camping up to 180 days per year with a county permit. Additional information can be found on Page 6 of Costilla County Residential Development Policy and Procedure.
Utility and Public Services
This 8.46 acres land in Southern CO for sale is also equipped with utility services such as electric and public services, the San Luis Valley has the strongest solar power resources in the state and the highest per capita concentration of home-based solar energy systems in the United States.
As for water, a money saving option, if you don’t want to drill right away, or if you’re just using your land for vacation, you can haul your own water. You can fill a 500-gallon tank at the Alamosa Water Department for only $2.50 (Phone: 719-589-2593). The average well depth in the Rio Grande Ranches is about 150 feet. One of our photos shows average well depth by subdivision in Costilla County. Drilling costs about $35 per foot. Colorado Division of Water Resources.
We provide the best Buyer Protection on your land title. Cash Buyers will receive a Warranty Deed and Seller Financed Buyers will receive a Warranty Deed + Deed of Trust. There are no fees for the Buyer if closing in-house. The buyer is responsible for current year and subsequent year property taxes. Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to own a piece of beautiful southern Colorado.
- Elegment ID: ELE_CO_SLVR01
- County/State: Costilla County, Colorado
- Address: 21st St, Blanca, Costilla County, Colorado, 81123
- GPS: 37.35952, -105.49387
- Parcel Number: 70317380
- Size: 8.46 Acres
- Dimension: 417 ft x 883 ft
- Title: Free & Clear, Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: Flat
- Taxes: $88.54 per year
- POA: None
- Road: County Road
- Electric: Need solar/wind generators
- Water: Need well (average well depth ~75 feet), or water hauling
- Sewer: Need septic tank
- Phone: Cell
- Internet: Cell/Satellite, Starlink
- FEMA Flood Zone: not in FEMA Flood Zone
- RV’s: up to 180 days per year (with Long-Term RV Camping Permit)
- Manufactured Home: manufactured home is allowed
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of the city limits of San Luis, CO
- Legal Description: S.L.V.R. UNIT K BLK 5 LOT10 (BSD 273-203 & 204) (WD 275-266)(WD 312-346-347)(SWD 355-637)
Entrance from Highway 159 to County Road X:
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest:
- 8 minutes to Centennial High School
- 9 minutes to San Luis, CO
- 15 minutes to Fort Garland, CO
- 18 minutes to Rito Seco Park
- 26 minutes to Sanchez Reservoir
- 39 minutes to San Pedro Mesa
- 40 minutes to Great San Dunes National Park and Preserve
- 41 minutes to Alamosa, CO
- 42 minutes to Adam State University
- 45 minutes to San Luis Valley Regional Airport
- 46 minutes to San Luis State Wildlife Area
- 46 minutes to Walmart Supercenter
- 49 minutes to Purgatoire Peak
- 54 minutes to Culebra Peak
- 2 hours 23 minutes to Colorado Springs, CO : Population 500,000 (more info)
- 3 hours 29 minutes to Denver, CO : Population 1+ Million (more info)