How to visit this 0.20-acre riverfront lot for sale in La Jara, CO?
To visit this 0.20-acre riverfront lot for sale in La Jara, CO, search Prairie Wind Ln, La Jara, Colorado, 81140 within Conejos County on your phone. When you are near the land, search 37.32712, -106.18304 on Google Map to locate one of the corners. Contact our office for surveys (if available), county plat maps, Google Map boundaries and corners, and MapRight.
- Northwest Corner: 37.32712, -106.18304
- Southwest Corner: 37.32677, -106.18333
- Southeast Corner: 37.3267, -106.18316
- Northeast Corner: 37.32706, -106.18288
Step 1: Google Map for navigation: Google Map Link
Step 2: Corner and Boundaries: Google Map Link
(when you are near the land, click this link on your phone to open Google Map, the RED BOX shows the land boundary, the FLASHING BLUE DOT shows where you are standing)
Discover Your New Home at Elegment Land
A picturesque 0.20-acre riverfront lot for sale in La Jara CO is an easily accessible part of Conejos County, Colorado. Nestled at the base of the San Juan Mountain Range in La Jara, CO, this property boasts stunning views of Chiquito and Green Ridge Mountain and is just a short 22-minute drive from La Jara and 33 minutes from the major southern Colorado city of Alamosa.
Nature and Outdoor Activities: The Alamosa River is just across the street, making this an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers. With thousands of acres of Open Access BLM Land, Hot Creek State Wildlife Area, Terrance Reservoir Wildlife Area, La Jara Reservoir Wildlife Area, and Rio Grande National Forest just 0.6 miles away, this property is perfect for hiking, outdoor recreation, and hunting for elk and deer.
Enjoy the freedom of building your dream home with no restrictions, covenants, or assessments on this 0.20 acre riverfront lot in La Jara, CO. You won’t have to worry about HOA fees or time limits to build.
Mobile and manufactured homes are also allowed on the property within the guidelines of Section 8.1 of the Conejos County Land Use Code. Additionally, you can choose to build a tiny home, shipping container home, or any other alternative type of dwelling on the property
RV Camping and Temporary Dwelling
RV camping is also allowed with a septic system in place, or during house construction as a temporary dwelling with a valid building permit.
Surrounded by a Variety of Homes
The surrounding area features a variety of homes, including RVs, cabins, mobile homes, site-built homes, and ranches.
Water Resources Available
According to the Colorado Division of Water Resources, wells in the area have a depth of 40~140 feet to access the Alamosa River underground water. Check out the Colorado Division of Water Resources website for well permit information and make Elegment Land your new home.
- Elegment ID: ELE_CO_Conejos05
- County/State: Conejos County, Colorado
- Address: Prairie Wind Ln, La Jara, Conejos County, Colorado, 81140
- GPS: 37.32712, -106.18304
- Parcel Number: 556335201055
- Size: 0.20 Acres
- Dimension: 154 ft x 55 ft
- Title: Free & Clear, Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: Flat
- Taxes: $74 per year
- POA: None
- Road: County Road
- Electric: Need solar/wind
- Water: Need well (average well depth in the area ~100 feet)
- Sewer: Need septic tank
- Phone: Cell or satellite
- Internet: Cell or satellite
- Trees: cleared
- FEMA Flood Zone: not in FEMA Flood Zone
- RV’s: RV camping is allowed for recreational use (with septic system). RV living is also allowed during the house construction period as temperately dwelling (with a valid building permit).
- Manufactured/Mobile Home: manufactured/mobile home is allowed
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of the city limits of La Jara, CO
- Legal: ALAMOSA RIVER ESTATES BLK A LOT 55
From Colorado State Highway 15 turn into County Road Z:
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest
- 14 minutes to Chiquito Peak
- 18 minutes to Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge (more info)
- 21 minutes to Jack’s Market
- 22 minutes to La Jara, CO : Population 881 (more info)
- 26 minutes to North Conejos School District RE1-J (more info)
- 31 minutes to San Luis Valley Regional Airport
- 33 minutes to Alamosa, CO : Population 10,000 (more info)
- 33 minutes to Adams State University
- 35 minutes to Walmart Supercenter
- 35 minutes to Ace Hardware
- 2 hours 37 minutes to Pueblo, CO (more info)
- 3 hours 18 minutes to Colorado Springs, CO : Population 500,000 (more info)
- 4 hours 20 minutes to Denver, CO : Population 1+ Million (more info)