How to visit this 20-acres lot for sale in Okanogan, WA?
To visit this 20-acre land for sale in WA, search McLaughlin Canyon Rd, Tonasket, Washington, 98840 within Okanogan County on your phone. When you are near the land, search “48.64739, -119.42812“ on Google Map to locate one of the corners. Contact our office for surveys (if available), county plat maps, Google Map boundaries and corners, and MapRight.
- Gate Entrance to private road / easement: 48.632084, -119.419994
- Northwest Corner: 48.65085, -119.43101
- Southwest Corner: 48.64741, -119.43097
- Southeast Corner: 48.64739, -119.42812
- Northeast Corner: 48.65085, -119.42811
STEP 1: Navigate to Gate Entrance: Google Map Link
STEP 2: Navigate to Land through private road / easement: Google Map Link
Corner and Boundaries: Google Map Link
(when you are near the land, click this link on your phone to open Google Map, the RED BOX shows the land boundary, the FLASHING BLUE DOT shows where you are standing)
This land has dirt roads and easements. We suggest using all-wheel-drive or 4-wheel-drive vehicles to visit the property.
Get Your Own 20 Acre Land in Okanogan County
Black Tail Ranches
Get your own 20-acre land for sale in Black Tail Ranches at Okanogan County WA today, before they run out! Each lot in this community comes with exclusive deeded access to 768 acres of unrestricted BLM land prime for hunting large populations of mule deer as well as many other coveted game animals. Contact us now to reserve your forever hunting paradise.
Views & Access
Experience breathtaking views with access to your Southern-sloping property surrounded by mountain views and basking in the afternoon sun. Seasonal riverine systems run through the property, offering great potential for well drilling. Conveniently located near the main road and with utility easements in place down to the power lines on McLaughlin Canyon Road.
Unrestricted Building Possibilities
This 20-acre land for sale in Okanogan county WA offers the ultimate flexibility and freedom. Build your very own getaway cabin or hunting lodge. There are no building restrictions, so you can create a space that is unique to you and your family. However, please note that commercial usage is not allowed.
Camping and Tenting Allowed
Camping with the tent is permitted, making it the perfect opportunity for a family getaway or for those who enjoy the great outdoors. Create memories that will last a lifetime on your own piece of land at Black Tail Ranches.
Experience the beauty of the Okanogan River and Tonasket on a 15-minute drive from Black Tail Ranches to Tonasket. This charming small town has all the amenities you need, including stores, schools, restaurants, and hotels. For additional options, the city of Omak is only 30 minutes away. Enjoy stunning views of the river and rock formations on the scenic drive.
BLM Land Access
20-acre land for sale in Okanogan County, WA with Exclusive Deeded Access to 758 Acres of BLM land in District 6 GMU 204 for top mule deer hunting. Supports large mule deer & white-tailed deer populations in GMUs 204 & 215. Ideal for hunting enthusiasts looking for an unbeatable hunting experience.
Wildlife & Natural Habitats
Not only deer, but black bears have also been seen on this property, and Golden Eagles nest among the trees and rocky bluffs year round. Okanogan County boasts high numbers of butterflies and over 200 species of birds and this is due to ideal natural habitats and waterways in your immediate area.
Secure Your Purchase with Our Buyer Protection
At the time of purchase, we provide the best Buyer Protection on your land title. Cash buyers will receive a Warranty Deed, and Seller Financed Buyers will receive a Warranty Deed + Deed of Trust. There are no fees for buyers if closing in-house, but buyers are responsible for current and subsequent year property taxes.
Amenities & Utilities
This property offers numerous amenities and utilities for your convenience. There is no Homeowner’s Association (HOA) to worry about, and you are allowed to keep livestock on the property. There are no restrictions on the minimum building size, but a building permit is required.
Camping is permitted with no restrictions. The property falls under the Tonasket School District, which includes an elementary, middle, and high school, and the nearby Wenatchee Valley College provides additional education options.
Hunting & Fishing Opportunities
This 20-acre land for sale in WA is located in District 6 Game Management Unit (GMU) 204 and provides direct access to 758 acres of BLM land. This area is known for its thriving mule deer herd and hunters from across the state flock to Okanogan County for its exceptional hunting opportunities. Additionally, the district also offers a good population of white-tailed deer.
The management objective is to maintain stable to moderately increasing deer populations while considering the social tolerance limits for nuisance and damage issues. For more information, you can refer to the Okanogan County District 6 Hunting Prospects Guide is available here.
This property in Okanogan County is perfect for hunting, bird watching, and butterfly sightings with over 200 species of birds and numerous butterflies in the area. Uniquely shaped by glaciers and volcanic activity, it offers diverse climates and natural surroundings for memorable hunting trips. Getting a hunting license in Washington is easy, with no age limit and reduced rates for those with disabilities.
For more information please take a look at the Tonasket & Okanogan County Hunting Information report we’ve put together which includes links to the 2020 Washington Guides for Big Game, Fishing, Birds & Small Game.
Water Sports and Adventure
Okanogan River offers 115 miles of stunning scenery, stunning lakes like Conconully Reservoir, and Lake Omak, and more for aquatic activities like boating, fishing, and water-skiing. Only 20 minutes away is Osoyoos Lake on the WA-BC border with plenty of hotels and resorts for a thrilling experience.
Hiking and Photography
Less than an hour away you have over 18 major trailheads and 20 mountain peaks to conquer. Most notable are Mount Baldy in BC, Chopaka Mountain, and Moses Mountain. 3 nearby wildlife areas are also perfect for photo opportunities or for any day trip you have in mind.
Winter is a great time to explore the surrounding areas. With five ski runs within an hour’s drive, you have plenty of options for skiing and snowboarding. If you want even more, head north for some of the best skiing and snowboarding in Canada.
For those who prefer ATVs and snowmobiles, there are rental agencies that offer delivery and over 400 miles of groomed trails within the county. Check out the Okanogan Snowmobile Guide for more information.
- Elegment ID: LLP_WA Tract-S
- Address: McLaughlin Canyon Rd, Tonasket, Okanogan County, Washington, 98840
- GPS: 48.64739, -119.42812
- Parcel Number: 3627024006
- Size: 20 Acres
- Dimension: 688 ft x 1260 ft
- Title: Free & Clear, Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Resource – Agriculture Current Use
- Terrain: Slightly sloped, large wash cutting across from East to West, Rocky cliffs to the north and south sides of the wash, flatter terrain on the southern end of the parcel.
- Taxes: $33.44 per year
- POA: None
- Road: County Maintained Road To Dirt Road (Easement in place)
- Electric: by Solar, or electric service provided by Okanogan Public Utility District (buyer to verify connection cost)
- Water: Water Delivery. 325 Gallon ($400) and 2,500 Gallon ($1,500) tanks are available for purchase at nearby Tonasket Ace Hardware, Lee Frank Mercantile (509) 486-2105. Also sell water at $651 per 500 Gallons.
- Sewer: Need septic tank
- Phone: Cell
- Internet: Starlink Satellite Internet
- Trees: Some, Clear view
- FEMA Flood Zone: No FEMA data for this area; this property has 2 seasonal riverine systems running through it.
- Camping: No restrictions on camping
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of city limits of Tonasket, WA
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest
We’ve put together a complete google list of activities for your convenience: [Click Here]
- 15 Minutes to Tonasket, WA
- 30 minutes to Walmart Supercenter
- 30 minutes to Omak City
- 32 minutes to Wenatchee Valley College North
- 36 minutes to Sinlaheken Wildlife Area
- 37 minutes to Okanogan Valley Golf Club
- 38 minutes to Conconully Lake
- 38 minutes to Lake Osoyoos and Canadian Border
- 40 minutes to Bannon Mountain Trailhead
- 44 minutes to Omak Lake
- 48 minutes to Fourth of July Trailhead
- 1 hour to Loup Ski Bowl
- 1 hour 43 minutes to North Cascades Heli Skiing
- 3 hours 10 minutes to Spokane, WA & GEG International Airport