How to visit this 7.13 acres land for sale in Southern CO?
To visit this 7.13 acres land for sale in Southern CO, search Adams Road, San Luis, Colorado, 81152 within Costilla County on your phone. When you are near the land, search 37.16747, -105.71578 on Google Map to locate one of the corners. Contact our office for surveys (if available), county plat maps, Google Map boundaries and corners, and MapRight.
- Northwest Corner: 37.16807, -105.71832
- West Corner: 37.16739, -105.71919
- Southwest Corner: 37.167, -105.7187
- Southeast Corner: 37.16747, -105.71578
- Northeast Corner: 37.16832, -105.71599
Step 1: Google Map for navigation: Google Map Link
Step 2: Corner and Boundaries: Google Map Link
(when you are near the land, click this link on your phone to open Google Map, the RED BOX shows the land boundary, the FLASHING BLUE DOT shows where you are standing)
Experience Spectacular Views on this 7.13 Acre Mountain View Land
Explore the stunning 7.13 acres of mountain view land for sale in Southern CO. Flat front & gentle slope, surrounded by 2 million acres of National Forest with spectacular views. Build your dream home on this versatile land, easily accessible by county-maintained road. Enjoy diverse topography from rugged peaks to glacial canyons.
Experience the Best of Nature and Community in the San Luis Valley
San Luis Valley region is known for its diverse economy and outdoor recreation opportunities. With a population of 46,000, the area offers a variety of industries and activities including hiking, mountain biking, bird watching, boating, fishing, hunting, and camping just 5 miles away at the Rio Grande River and San Luis Valley BLM land.
RV and Manufactured Home Friendly Land with No HOA
This 7.13 acres of mountain view land for sale in Southern CO is RV and manufactured home friendly: No HOA and no time limit to build. The minimum dwelling size per the Costilla County Land Use Code is 600 square feet, meaning a tiny home is allowed!
This lot allows you to build a main house plus a mother-in-law’s house. Single & double-wide mobile / manufactured home is also allowed on the property.
Short-term RV camping is allowed for a maximum of 14 days within a consecutive 3-month period. Long-term RV camping is permitted for up to 180 days annually with a county permit. The information can be found on Page 6 of the Costilla County Residential Development Policy and Procedure.
Access to Utilities and Services
The San Luis Valley is home to strong solar power resources and a high concentration of home-based solar systems, with solar kits starting at $1,100. Some residents also use gasoline generators as backup, and some have installed both solar and wind generators.
Save money by hauling your own water instead of drilling. Fill a 500-gallon tank at Alamosa Water Department (Phone: 719-589-2593) for $2.50. Average well depth in Rio Grande Ranches is 150 feet, drilling costs $35 per foot. More information is available from the Colorado Division of Water Resources.
Septic system installation costs in the area range from $5,000 to $8,000.
Most homes in the area use propane for cooking, refrigeration, and heat. Propane is delivered throughout the San Luis Valley, and many residents also use woodstoves for heating. Abundant, cheap firewood is available from the local forest.
Stay connected with loved ones while enjoying the natural beauty of this 7.13 acres of land for sale in Southern CO with picturesque mountain views. Convenient telephone and internet services are available via cellular or satellite, including the popular option, Starlink.
Fire protection is provided by the San Luis Volunteer Fire Department in Fort Garland, and police protection is provided by the Costilla County Sheriff’s Office in San Luis.
Education in the area includes elementary, junior high, and high schools located in all main towns in the valley, and Adams State College located in Alamosa.
Shopping options include convenience stores in Blanca, Fort Garland, and San Luis, as well as major retail stores like Walgreens, Home Depot, and Walmart in Alamosa.
Best Buyer Protection for Your Land Title Purchase
We provide the best Buyer Protection on your land title. Cash Buyer will receive a Warranty Deed. Seller Financed Buyer will receive a Warranty Deed + Deed of Trust. No fees for the Buyer if closing in-house. Buyer is responsible for the current year and subsequent year property taxes.
- Elegment ID: ELE_CO_RGR02
- County/State: Costilla County, Colorado
- Address: Adams Road, San Luis, Costilla County, Colorado, 81152
- GPS: 37.16747, -105.71578
- Parcel Number: 71560240
- Size: 7.13 Acres
- Dimension: 316 ft x 942 ft
- Title: Free & Clear, Warranty Deed
- Zoning: Residential
- Terrain: Gentle slope
- Taxes: $50 per year
- POA: None
- Road: County Road
- Electric: Need solar/wind generators
- Water: Need well (average well depth ~150 feet), or water hauling
- Sewer: Need septic tank
- Phone: Cell
- Internet: Cell/Satellite
- FEMA Flood Zone: not in FEMA Flood Zone
- RV’s: up to 180 days per year (with Long-Term RV Camping Permit)
- Manufactured Home: manufactured home is allowed
- City Limit: Property is OUTSIDE of the city limits of San Luis, CO
- Legal Description: R.G.R. UNIT 48 BLK 19 LOT 12
View of Rio Grande River from State Highway 142:
Costilla County, CO Recreational Areas:
Nearby Cities & Points of Interest
- 17 minutes to R&R Market
- 18 minutes to San Luis, CO
- 23 minutes to San Luis Valley Regional Airport
- 25 minutes to Los Fuertas, CO
- 32 minutes to Sanchez Reservoir
- 32 minutes to Blanca, CO
- 36 minutes to San Pedro Mesa
- 48 minutes to Alamosa, CO
- 59 minutes to Purgatoire Peak
- 1 hour 6 minutes to San Luis State Wildlife Area
- 1 hour 6 minutes to Twin Peaks / Blanca Peak
- 1 hour 32 minutes to Panadero Ski Area
- 2 hours 13 minutes to Pueblo, CO
- 2 hours 46 minutes to Colorado Springs, CO : Population 500,000 (more info)
- 3 hours 52 minutes to Denver, CO : Population 1+ Million (more info)